• Announcements

• Terra

Username Changes   05/21/17

Please help spread the word: the username of your Forums account is different from its display name, the display name has become your username.  #UpgradeWoes
tearshed

Mysteriously Unused Forum Section?

141 posts in this topic

I just noticed that Frenchy is no longer a GM.

Oh my god, did something happen? :woot:

So, the summer is coming to an end.

*Cry*

Summer? It's only the beginning of spring.

Screw you, tbh :(

So um, rumor has it that Herbye is a GM on trial *gasp*

Also, congratz to Broccoli, he's officialy one of us.

The Golden Land.

Only the Chosen few get to come here.

Its where the real cake and tea await.

Would you like some tea? :teehee:

tea.gif

Cadmas is in charge of cakes :unsure:

Sorry, we lied about the cake.

You can have some tea though.

cup%20of%20tea.jpg

oldppl.png

Could have been.

I'm watching my brother fail at dead rising.

It is like impossible to save people and do the story with clock running all the time.

I played league of legends just now. After an extreme game of farming, with 4 bloodthirsters, banshee's vail and boots I had around +450 dmg, I was owning and I died. I lost my bonus dmg and we lost. :) 50 MINUTES OF FARMING AND GANKING LOST IN A SECOND FUUUUUUU

And that is why bloodthirsters is somewhat overrated. Too much dependance on staying alive.

My team sucked big time, I was the only one ganking and actually doing anything. The bottom lane let Tryndamere get around 350+ creeps despite my ganks. Their tryndamere kicked our ass, while the tryndamere in my team had only a Frozen Mallet in the 50th minute.. Also, imagine Kayle,Shen and Zilean supporting Tryndamere, can't fucking die. >_<

Also, Bloodthirsters are the only way to go with Katarina if you want a team kill due to AD scalling extremely with Death Lotus.

Not really, because AP actually gives a better gold/scaling (you can check the calculations; although AD scales better, AP is cheaper, so spending the same amount of gold gives slightly better AP ratios), also, because Death Lotus is always magical damage regardless of whether you build AD or AP, AP synergizes better (there exist AP + Mpen items but not AD + Mpen items, so itemizing for Mpen items such as Void Staff is alot of wasted gold on an AD Kat). Ultimately although AD Kat does better damage early game late game an AP Kat has higher survivability (Rylai's being a core item) utility (ulti slowing due to Rylai's) and even damage (you can get Void Staff together with Rylai's and Mejai's which will do much higher damage than even a bloodthirster stacked AD Kat if the enemy team stacks MR like a boss that can easily chop 60% off Death Lotus damage if you don't have Mpen)

Well, I've tried both builds and I like AD better. Simply, because I don't want to rely only on my spells. AP Katarina relies only on Death Lotus and Shunpo and if her Lotus get's interrupted, you're deeply screwed. Most of the times when I play AD, I have a Morgana or Kayle with me to sustain the full damage output of my ultimate. Even if my Lotus is interrupted, I have enough damage to finish them off with auto-attacks. AD Katarina is very hard to play due to her low survivability and I like that. With 4 blood thirsters, sorcerer boots and my magic penetration runes, I've been able to down targets with around 160-180 magic resist with ease. Magic penetration ftw.

sorc boots is 20, mpen runes won't give more than another 16 (i think), thats 36 in total, 36 off 150 is very little, you still have 114 left >.< AP builds with a Void Staff will knock off alot more than that :o also i think the overreliance on Bloodthirster stacking is only going to work in a pubstomping scenario. I mean something that NEEDS you to stay alive is by itself not going to work against an organized scrim (which will always prioritize you in any teamfight). If snowballs items like Mejai's already have their usefulness debated when only 1/3 of the stacks are lost on death, much less something where 100% of the stacks are lost on death. I won't deny that AD kat works better at a lower Elo bracket but I usually see AD kats get destroyed in ranked. Although more than anything it's the survivability that causes the problems. A dead Kat does no Lotuses.

Tbh, Katarina is not a good character for a team. If you want to play a ranked game and win, I don't understand how anyone would pick Katarina. In ranked games I played characters like Kennen/Malphite/Twisted Fate.

PS: The magic pen build I use is full magic pen runes - marks,glyphs,seals and quint.

Kennen is possibly worse than Katarina in a ranked game D: he has zero late game presence, only useful if the entire team is geared towards early wins. The problem is that by late game he dies before he can stack three marks on any of the opponents.

You'd pick Kat because she can pubstomp, i.e. even if all your teammates are idiots you can single-handedly win the game (at a lower bracket) so you'll rise to higher brackets more quickly, as opposed to Kennen (who cannot carry).

Malphite is seriously underpowered, next patch he's getting a fuckton of buffs (check test realm notes) so I'ma give him a go :D

Twisted Fate relies too much on the team, although he has good utility, if his teammates suck, he's screwed. No real escape and not enough damage alone to kill, but his global reveal and teleport and stun definitely make him a good addition to an arranged team. He wouldn't fare so well in solo queue ranked though. Can't carry well.

I usually grab HP quints on Kat because Kat usually solos mid and that extra hp is pretty important imo for a solo mid lane.

Well, I'll be changing runes when I have the IP. Though, Kennen in a good team owns early-mid game, late game he sucks. I usually stun whole teams easily, pop ghostwalk + Lightning rush -> Ult -> the W, dont remember the name and the whole team is stunned. Really helps when there's a Galio in your team. Lol.

Malphite is unkillable early-mid game due to his armor. 1 lvl fights can't go without Malphite. As for TF, you're absolutely right. I only play TF when I'm playing with people who know what they're doing. AP TF was nerfed, though I find it sometimes to help extremely in team fights rather than AD. Due to all of TF's spells scalling with AP, including Stacked Deck, get a Guinso rage blade and Nashoor's Tooth, the ownage will be complete. I've had times when my wild cards have reached almost 900 damage. With cooldown runes + blue buff + stacked deck = imagine the CD on Wild cards.

Oh mon dieu!

If at any time it starts to seem like I care, tell me. I hate to give off the wrong impression.

Ok so, I'm back from the weekend.

lol @ Aquz saying Teemo and Evelynn are boss

Also: Sprankton. *chew*