WoC Server :: Community Forums
Satan

End of an Era

modX    357

I wasn't thanked for contributing amazing gifs. 

I just logged in for the first in a few weeks. 

Um, I guess I met some pretty amazing people over here as well. The WoC Facebook page is still running. I hope that the people of WoC will still stay in touch through other channels (Discord..Steam etc..).Because well; the forums was and still is full of awesome. 

d7b4857002bce0fbc0e0286eb0b272fd%2F565x0

I guess I have mixed feelings on this topic if anyone wants to fill in something new fill in! :P 

I guess I was hiding my identity a lot of times in game. A lot of times I didn't want to be associated with my forums "personality".

These are my characters : Boltie (my very first mage in the guild "A Clockwork Orange" the rivals of Moirainne's. Apomenaxx the druid, Tyranda the priest. (Alliance) 

Bisquit.(H) Priest.  Apomenax (H) In Daddylolo's guild. 

I think I'm missing others, but regards to everyone I met, played, had fun,  and pissed off in game. 

• Like 2

Damn, the feels are too strong ... I could have gone on my old chars for the very last time but time is almost up -.-

I'd like to thank everyone involved in this project for making it what it is and what it used to be.

Will not even try to point anyone out because the amount of people I'd forget would be huge.

Anyways, sorry for being the person I used to be, I was somewhat cocky back then and not mature enough ... if I ever forgot to apologize to a person, I'm sorry. Hope we'll see each other again (even though it's pretty unlikely I suppose).

Was a fun time here and helped me increase my level of English quite a lot (it even got me to the point where I am today, so thanks for that)

Have a good one, thanks for the memories and once again, sorry for the fuck-ups :(

• Like 4

assasincross    258

Well , fisrt all im going to say good bay everybody here. 

Now im giving thanks terra, satan ,chris (first chris in woc) to make 9 years of mi life very happy with this awesome game. Also im giving thanks some friends ( teacher i meet ingame) like Volanz tim ( he was like my dad over here). Iduna (well iduna was my main teacher) rinasup whos give me chance and teach me all i need about raids , guild etc. Alex (mihai) good friend ingame , we had a good friendship . ismo , idk why i trust him to share my accs but he was a good boy with me, . zanga waa mu bitch lol v:.

Who i missed sorry but tbh say goodbay is so sad. 

Hope you guya work again or maybe reopen or smth the server please everybody take care cya

Renember it was just a game but was part of our life, hope cyou in the future

Assasincross...

• Like 2

_Kele_    144
7 hours ago, theonlysadp said:

Good luck to all colleagues. I hope we meet one day again. If it is not on earth ... it will be on the other side

Stop being creepy for Gods sake

• Like 3

Anema    230
10 hours ago, guess who it is said:

Damn, the feels are too strong ... I could have gone on my old chars for the very last time but time is almost up -.-

I'd like to thank everyone involved in this project for making it what it is and what it used to be.

Will not even try to point anyone out because the amount of people I'd forget would be huge.

Anyways, sorry for being the person I used to be, I was somewhat cocky back then and not mature enough ... if I ever forgot to apologize to a person, I'm sorry. Hope we'll see each other again (even though it's pretty unlikely I suppose).

Was a fun time here and helped me increase my level of English quite a lot (it even got me to the point where I am today, so thanks for that)

Have a good one, thanks for the memories and once again, sorry for the fuck-ups :(

Steven bae you can always get some vla at my place in amsterdam <3

Bloodfangx    2130

darkmouth    60

Tbh I expected WOC to go 2-3 years ago, there was a major crackdown on many private servers at that time.

Satan, BFX and the other staff have done a great job keeping it alive till now.

It was a fun 9 years. A big thanks to you all.

P.S Allakhazam rocked^^

Ultimate

<Robert>    186

clO3mT2.jpg

From 20-25 players to 107+ in like 1 week :> And so many players that I know are not playing cause ”no point now” ~_~ 2 days ago I have seen like 120 players on :P Unbanning everything just made some players to come back n play here if you keep the server on, the population m8 grow up

• Like 1

theonlysadp    100

I will miss you alot my Hordes and my Alliances. I can only take a bitter drink. To pass this pain. Why the hell does this have to happen?. 

Thanks to the WOC had left the habit of drinking beer. Today I say goodbye to the woc with a damn drink. Goodbye to all my horrors Goodbye to all my ALLIANCES. HORDAS that are missing in the screenshot CKAOS, SADP, SATALIN, CULERA. ALCARCALIMO, GOOLLUM, ZERNEBOOK, MEDIEVAL, LAVARTY, SADPC, CHAVUCA, REPUTAA, THRANDUIIL and ELLYKEDWARD. ALLIANCES that are missing in the screenshot CHATOMARE, SPANKI, VASTAGO, RASHTA, XALY, FEIHUNG, goodbye to my characters. Thanks dennis for accompanying me in the moments of incursion. I arm my characters the right way. bye.

MY HORDAS:   https://postimg.org/image/ddox0gi9p/

MY ALLIANCES: https://postimg.org/image/3l0yt74sf/

lowy1234    16

RIP WOC...it was nice to play there..maybe i was bad boy and cheater but i had alot of fun..

Bloodfangx    2130

Take it easy guys, it was fun :^)

Firal    0

byee the best server WOC i miss you :(  i hope the server wil be again online.

Bloodfangx    2130

It's Over.

Rip.

IamDead    206
On 5/22/2017 at 9:17 PM, Satan said:

For the last 11 years, WoC has been the longest running private WoW server to date (possibly ever at the rate they've fallen).

At times we've literally held this place together by pure force of will. We've weathered untrustworthy staff and people doing immense damage from the inside. We've survived the loss of hardware and data and the loss of revenue streams. The number of times we've had to move server location and hosts, at ridiculous times in the morning and night.. We've been through literally a dozen.

Unfortunately, we've come to a point. We've struggled to secure a location to provide a payment gateway for our service for the last year. We have gone through multiple vendors and run into the same problem each time. We've done what we can to try and hold this place together, but we've finally hit our limit.

As of the 1st of June, we'll be terminating all of WoC Servers World of Warcraft related projects and shuttering Zul'Aman for good. We'll be storing everything for the future, because you never know, but we'll have to take it offline.

I want to thank every member of the community (even the Bosnians). I want to thank all of the amazing staff we've had. I also want to thank (in no particular order) the following people:

• Chris (God) - Literally started it all. Guy had his moments, but for better or for worse, he's the father of WoC.
  • Weezuz - If Chris is the father of WoC, Weezuz is very much the mother. She was a GM here when I started, and as many of you know, I've been here nearly as long as the server.
  • Dan (Infierno) - Helped Chris at various points, and was an owner who helped keep WoC running until some sloppy coding nearly sank the server. He's the reason I took over the server, and he is owed some thanks for his work on WoC.
  • Terra - The current part owner and caretaker of WoC Server currently. The man has done phenomenal work throughout the last 5 years keeping us all here and the lights turned on. We cannot thank him enough.
  • Chris Mk2 (Bloodfangx) - Chris has been a long time contributor and player who has spent a ton of time creating and playing the content on WoC Server. His contributions have been immeasurable in keeping WoC running for the last 5 years.
  • Matt (Munito) - Matt helped to shape and create enumerable items, ideas and policies on the server. He had a huge contribution to make and he made it.
  • Tim (Volanz) - Tim has been a long time supporter and staff member on this server. His loyalty and dedication has been absolute, and he's been a stalwart of the staff for a long time.
  • Daskin - Daskin contributed a great amount of code to the project, and whilst his work was occasionally rage inducing to me as server operator, he also helped shape WoC into what it became.
  • Moira - Moira was a right royal pain at times, but she helped to create a great number of items and areas in the game and contributed to making WoC what it became.
  • Snoozebutton - An ideas man, Snooze created a lot of ideas that eventually turned into reality. He also has left his mark on this server.
  • Graveyard + GMSushi - For all the support.

I'm sure I've forgotten people in this list, and for that I truly apologise.

Both Terra and I feel we've let you down, but in the same breath, we've taken on considerable debt keeping this place running. It's been a long and mainly thankless path, but we would both do it again. That said, the journey isn't totally over.

In the week or so preceding us shutting down the server, we'll be unlocking some things to allow players to have some fun. The following will be available:

1. All items in the Donation Store will be free - get yourself an ED shirt, visit ED;
  2. Bans will be removed from all accounts, characters, and IP addresses.
  3. Fly/speed hacking, duping, stacking, etc will not be banned for.
    1. Note: Spamming, racism, etc will still be banned; use common sense.

Beyond the above, if you have any questions of either Terra or I, please do ask them here.

I'll reply in time, but please be patient. If you have any friends who used to play, invite them back for one last hoorah.

Satan

EDIT: If anyone still knows "Shadowkitten", tell her to drop me a line. Just keen to catch up.

Thank you all for all those fun time I had. Wish you all, all the best in the future

Off Topic: I was playing Shadowkitten's account for some time. I think maybe I have her contact info. Will look it up for you

GraveKeeper    1

Long time since I've been on. Great server, great friends, great times.

Met some boys on here who I still talk to years after we done finished playing.

Love all the work that went into this. 

Good shit fam, good time to wrap up.

• Like 1