WoC Server :: Community Forums
  • Announcements

• Terra

Username Changes   05/21/17

Please help spread the word: the username of your Forums account is different from its display name, the display name has become your username.  #UpgradeWoes
    • Terra

New Topics   07/08/17

Members should once again be able to start new topics in the Social/Show room forums.
Satan

End of an Era

Squall    9
11 hours ago, Deucalion said:

Cbf explaining how shits goin on to a retarded iranian.

First learn if you learned something in school where is my country > MACEDONIA

Squall    9
On 7/6/2017 at 4:02 PM, Deucalion said:

No one is getting free items,you fucking cunt.Dont talk bullshits if you dont know you fucking moron.

Almost 100 players playing on ....fresh start was the best ideea.We dont give a fuck about what you say,squall so go and end your self please.

And about gms,bfx have gm to Jono,who rescripted most of bosses,and hell yes he is one of the best gms from server.

Ye fresh start is best for you you was alredy banned on all accounts for wpe is good for you from fresh start i have it 6 characters with eds shirt and all arty on them why to bother now to play again from begening, why players to donate again on this copy of WOC Server. If BFX want all players to come he must use old Database.I will ask again Satan and Tera does BFX don't want it old Database or you don't want it to give Database to him ???

Squall    9
4 hours ago, hawtinvv2 said:

Get a life kids

Didn't played Woc 4 years this year Stefan-Cyndinan played 2 months on my account,you gett a life you still play on ... Zul'Aman.Woc was interested only 2008-2010.You are kid who can't live without Woc server that's why you play now on ....

Terra    764

TLDR: WocServer didn't give BFX anything.

WocServer originally offered BFX to run the WoW-related stuff, but he declined.  What was offered included everything WoW related: databases, website, whatever; WocServer had no further use of these assets.

In the closing days of the Zul'aman server, BFX felt bad and changed his mind.  He rallied the community and any staff members of the existing Zul'aman server.  in post-mortem, he stated he intended on running everything as it had already been run.  When he rallied said people, though, he did not include the decision-makers of WocServer in said decision making process; we were not consulted at all.  This is/was perceived as a slap in the face.  Given his level of trust, BFX was capable of using - the now stolen fork of - WocServer's Zul'aman code because it was on his development machine at the time he made those decisions.  To make development easier I, at some point, included a snapshot of Zul'aman's world database in our source code, so that's where he got that from.

At the end of the day, whatever he and his project is running is not condoned or supported by WocServer; at one time it would have been; but that's not how it panned out.  The way it did happen, though, is the shuttering of offers, support, and affiliation from WocServer.

I've let this go under the radar for a month to allow those players wanting to move to do so unhindered; I will not deny them their game.  However, this is where the advertisements including that particular project stop.  With our move to become more acceptable, we cannot have the advertisements on our network anyway.

With that, I'm closing this topic as even this post is outside of the "goodbye topic" this was meant to be.

- Terra

• Like 3